Welcome to the VACVPR
Here you’ll find information about VACVPR, its bylaws, board members, and general membership and benefits, employment opportunities, as well as about other topics of interest to cardiac rehabilitation professionals. You can also complete an application to become a member or send us your comments, suggestions, and questions about VACVPR. Website not compatible with Internet Explorer web browser. Please access webpage using another brower (for example, Safari, Firefox, or Chrome).
- Virginia is a joint affiliate of AACVPR, so AACVPR members residing in Virginia are also VACVPR members!
- Become part of a nationwide network of professionals dedicated to the advancement of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Receive a quarterly newsletter from the association that keeps you updated on important issues and upcoming events.
- Receive discounts to the VACVPR annual meeting.
- Attend regional workshops at no cost. View more Member Benefits
HEALTH & SCIENCE UPDATES
- Result of study with rats: Metformin Reverses Development of Pulmonary Hypertension via Aromatase Inhibition
- Bevespi Aerosphere Approved by the FDA for Patients with COPD-only long acting dual bronchodilator delivered via MDI
- USPSTF: Final Guidelines on Aspirin as CVD, Cancer Prevention
- FDA Approves New Drug for Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- NIH Exercise Therapy for Advanced Lung Disease Trials: Response and Adaptation to Aerobic Exercise in Patients with Interstitial Lung Disease–Active Study Recruiting Participants
- Pulmonary Rehab in COPD: Response to Tyvaso–Active Study Recruiting Participants
Public Policy Information & Updates
Health Policy & Reimbursement Update
Physician Referral Orders for CR/PR
CMS has clarified that MACs do not have the authority to determine whether nonphysician practitioners (NP, PA, CNS) may independently order CR/PR services. CMS interprets that it is bound by statutory language that categorizes CR and PR as “physician services”. This requires that an MD or DO must order CR and CR services.
This means while NPPs may send a referral order to rehab to expedite the enrollment process, a physician would need to co-sign any referral order for these services.
Our current NPP bills, HR 1155/S.1361, when passed, will not change this because the bill deals specifically with the CMS “direct physician supervision” requirement of CR/PR and does not impact physician referral order or medical director responsibilities.
events & registration
The VACVPR board has made the decision to cancel the upcoming 33rd annual meeting at Hotel Madison, May 2-3, 2020. We feel as healthcare representatives it is our responsibility to do our part to help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Those of you who have already registered will receive a full refund. Thank you for your understanding!
ROBIN CUFFE SCHOLARSHIP
Please consider a donation to the Robin Cuffe Scholarship Fund. This fund will allow an individual, nominated by a member, to attend the State Conference who otherwise would be unable to attend. Click to learn more
JACKIE BUNN ABOVE AND BEYOND AWARD
Recognize a VACVPR member who has gone above and beyond in the the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation.
Click to learn more